The Border Bushwalking Club has over 150 members, ranging from the very young, to those who won’t admit to anything. Some are fit, and others are hoping to be.
Our members come from all walks of life; you get to meet a wide range of people who you may not come into contact with in your normal life. After 40 years we still have several foundation members in the club. All members have a keen interest in bushwalking, the outdoors and in the fitness and health benefits that come from these activities.
We are always keen to welcome new members, whatever their bushwalking experience or fitness levels, as our activities cater for a wide range of preferences and abilities.
All our activities are led by volunteers within our club membership, and we are affiliated with Bushwalking Victoria. https://bushwalkingvictoria.org.auSee our newsletter – Footprints and the events calendar (right of screen) for an idea of the activities that we engage in.
- BBC’s primary focus are our events, however the club offers much than these!
- Singing Weekends, Moon rising over Hotham camping, Gourmet weekends at Tawonga Huts, Birding at Wonga Wetlands
- Social evenings such as our Annual Christmas BBQ, this year at Wonga Wetlands with a bird walk as a prelude led by a keen birder
- Sharing of Adventure Holidays; a network for ideas; recent discussions have included
- West Highland Way in Scotland,
- Offa’s Dyke England and Wales
- Jatbula and Larapinta in Northern Territory
- Walking the Songlines with the First Nations from Broome in WA
- Three Capes in Tasmania
- Your membership covers membership of Bushwalking Victoria and insurance. More than 50% of the membership fee goes to these two expenses
- BWV is the Voice of Walkers e.g. Falls to Hotham Crossing input
- Track maintenance
- Search and rescue
- Training in leading activities and First Aid
- In September, BWV will conduct a full day walking leadership training
We conform with privacy legislation in Australia; Review Policy